Today I have some easy purple color block nails that are perfect for Spring! You can, of course, use any colors you want but I had some pretty purple polishes lying around, so I decided to give color blocking a go! Enjoy!
What I used:
- (Lightest purple) Essie – To Buy or Not to Buy
- (Medium purple) Sinful Colors – Baby Blues
- (Darkest purple) Wet n Wild Wildshine – Who is Ultra Violet?
- Quick Drying Topcoat
- Apply Basecoat
- Apply two coats of the lightest purple all over your nails. Let it dry to the touch.
- Apply two coats or as much as needed to reach full opacity of the medium purple color over the bottom 2/3 of the nail. Be sure that the first color (lightest purple) is visible not only on the top of the nail, but on the sides as well. Let this layer dry to the touch.
- This step is almost identical to step 3. Apply two coats or as much as needed to reach full opacity of the darkest purple color over the bottom 1/3 of the nail. Be sure that the color underneath (medium purple) is visible not only on the top of the nail, but on the sides as well. Give all the layers some time to dry.
- Apply your Quick Drying Topcoat, and you’re all done.
I hope that I have inspired you to recreate this simple design at home!